Great Reasons to Join CSSE!
CSSE membership is a must for the safety, health, and environmental professional or business that wants to advance health and safety in the workplace. As a member, you'll receive specialized professional development & resources, stay connected to the profession, be part of an organization with a proud tradition of excellence, and receive discounts that save you money.
Specialized Professional Development & Resources
- Annual Professional Development Conference that includes sessions that will challenge your thinking and provide practical insight into emerging issues that allows you to transfer your knowledge to the health and safety programs in your organization.
- Opportunity to gain the professional edge your career needs through CSSE's Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) certification.
- High quality and informative health and safety professional development courses led by well-trained, knowledgeable instructors - available across Canada.
- CSSE members can register to access several high-quality webinars in a variety of topic areas such as e-Business, Business and Financial Management, Professional and Personal Development Skills, and more.
- CSSE's online Publications page serves as repository for CSSE publications, including the online version of Contact Newsletter as well other important documents, brochures, and promotional materials.
- Thirty-seven established CSSE Chapters in communities across Canada, led by local leadership, that hold regular meetings and professional development sessions.
- The CSSE website is a comprehensive resource for every CSSE member, which includes a special CSSE Members Area specially tailored to CSSE members' needs, including resume and job posting services.
- CSSE's official e-newsletter, Contact, is published four times a year, and contains valuable safety-related articles and news, CSSE reports and updates, and member and Chapter spotlights.
- Social networking opportunities that help establish online safety-related communities and discussions.
- The CSSE's online Member Directory allows members to connect with one another across the country.
Tradition, Recognition, and History
- Founded 60 years ago by a small group of workers dedicated to accident prevention, CSSE is now close to 4,000 members strong.
- Originally a provincially-based organization, CSSE is now Canada's largest national and most established professional organization for Health, Safety, and Environmental practitioners.
- CSSE's annual awards program recognizes leaders and safety innovators in Canada's safety landscape.
- One of the founders of North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week, CSSE works with its partners every year to focus the attention of employers, employees, the general public and all partners in Occupational Safety and Health on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace, at home and in the community.
Discounts and Savings
- CSSE members receive significant discounts on all of the Society's professional development offerings and on registration for the annual Professional Development Conference.
- Members are offered discounted advertising rates in the Society's quarterly newsletter, Contact .
Contact Newsletter Advertising Rates (PDF)
- Substantial savings - 50% - on insurance premiums have been negotiated with PROLINK—Canada’s Insurance Connection on Professional Liability/Errors and Omissions Insurance for members. A separate plan is also available for employed or internal OSHE Specialists. All CSSE members in good standing are eligible for these savings subject to an application process and the requirements of the policies. Visit PROLINK to learn more.
- CSSE members have access to comprehensive personal insurance coverage at discounted rates.
Gold Plan (PDF)
Premier Plan (PDF)
Visit PROLINK to learn more.
- All CSSE members qualify for a free subscription to Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine.
- Organizations that have more than five employees who are CSSE members can enroll in the group invoice/discount program to save on their employee's membership dues. All employees registered in the organization's group billing plan will have individual membership in CSSE. Participation of 5-9 members allows each member of the group to enjoy a 5% reduction off their membership dues; participation of 10 or more members allows each member to enjoy a 10% reduction off their membership dues.
- Home & Auto Insurance for CSSE members; the CSSE is pleased to advise our members that we have a partnership with Johnson Inc. to offer members the Preferred Service Home-Auto Plan.
- CSSE has partnered with PROLINK and the RBC Life Insurance Company to offer members disability insurance at exceptional rates.