Course Descriptions & Registration
CSSE is a leader in offering relevant courses in meeting the needs of today's occupational health and safety professional. At CSSE, we offer safety designation programs and career-oriented courses that give you the knowledge and experience to succeed in today's workplace. See for yourself how CSSE can put you on the fast track to success.
Fall Course Calendar
The Fall 2022 Course Calendar is now open for registration. CSSE is offering 9 online courses through to December 13. Courses are capped to 24 students to maintain an effective setting for learning and teaching.
The Fall Course catalogue features nine virtual 2-day courses for OHSE professionals. To register, select the course and date from the list below or view the full events calendar.
Get in on early bird pricing by registering by September 6!
Register as a CSSE member before September 6th and get $50 off the course price ($699).
- Applied Risk Communications for OHSE Practitioners * *
» Select dates to register: OCT 05 & 06 @ 9:30 AM ET | NOV 05 & 06 @ 11:30 AM ET
Perfect for any occupational health nurse, industrial hygienist and the broader risk management community, this two-day course provides OH&S professionals with the opportunity to learn new insights into the role of communication in the management of risk. Participants will learn and practice more effective interpersonal communication techniques that can be applied immediately to assist in their risk management challenges and be integrated into their risk management plans.
- Consulting Skills for the OH&S Professional * *
» Select dates to register: OCT 15 & 16 @ 9:30 AM ET | NOV 16 & 17 @ 11:30 AM ET
Whether an internal or external occupational health and safety consultant, this course will provide an understanding of, and practice in, the application of professional consulting skills in the context of OH&S practice. Participants will identify the qualities and attributes of an effective consultant while examining client-consultant interactions to model effective processes of engagement and contracting.
- Legal Obligations and Liabilities of the OHSE Professional * *
» Select dates to register: OCT 18 & 19 @ 9:30 AM ET | NOV 21 & 22 @ 11:30 AM ET
This updated course is designed to develop an awareness and understanding of the obligations and potential liabilities that may be encountered by the OH&S professional when providing advice in the area of occupational health and safety. The focus is upon defining the types of obligations and potential liabilities and illustrating ways and means of reducing these risks.
- Assessing OHSE Training Needs & Options
» Select dates to register: SEP 29 & 30 @ 10 AM ET
Assessing OHSE Training Needs & Options is a two-day course that provides the OHSE practitioner, whether an internal or external consultant, with the introductory knowledge, skills and tools for identifying training needs and evaluating high quality health and safety programs available to meet those needs based on adult learning principles. The course objectives apply to multi-industry training courses.
- Essentials of Risk Management for OHSE Practitioners
» Select dates to register: AUG 17 & 18 @ 9:30 aM ET | OCT 11 & 12 @ 9:30 AM ET | DEC 12 & 13 @ 11:30 AM ET
Created for OHSE practitioners, this course will provide the knowledge, skills and tools for effective OHSE-focused risk management advice to company management and to exercise leadership in bringing an understanding of the principles to the workplace. Participants will use a number of conceptual models and practical tools to assist in defining and explaining OHSE risk management actions.
- Project Management for the Health and Safety Professional
» Select dates to register: OCT 20 & 21 @ 9:30 AM ET | DEC 05 & 06 @ 11:30 AM ET
This two-day, hands-on course is designed to provide health and safety practitioners with the tools and techniques to plan, manage, close and evaluate a project related to the health and safety environment. Based on best-practices in project management today, participants will also examine the leadership skills required to link health and safety project management to the operational areas of his or her entire organization.
- Developing Effective OHSE Training Courses
» Select dates to register: SEP 07 & 08 @ 9:30 AM ET | OCT 25 & 26 @ 9:30 AM ET
In this course, OHSE practitioners will receive introductory knowledge and skills to design effective training courses based on an analysis of organizational and employee needs. Filled with tools and strategies, the course will take course developers through needs analysis, instructional approaches, design and delivery processes, as well as assessment and evaluation elements within an overall Training Management Framework.
- Measurement and Evaluation of OHS Performance
» Select dates to register: OCT 29 & 30 @ 9:30 AM ET
Valuable to all health and safety professionals responsible for the evaluation and on-going development of high quality safety initiatives, this course highlights key measurement and evaluation techniques that can be used to support the development, implementation and maintenance of today’s OHS intelligence based processes.
- Essential Value of OHS Management Systems
» Select dates to register: NOV 12 & 13 @ 9:30 AM ET
Highlighting the complexity of business and ever-evolving demands for change, this two-day course is designed to demonstrate the value of an OHSMS through hands-on exercises, active discussions and the development of a gap analysis that validates choosing an OHSMS. Management Systems provide a method for organizations to tackle complex business needs in a systematic and efficient way. Learn from the experience with your peers as you discuss the strategies and challenges in choosing an OHSMS.
* * Denotes CHSC Certification program mandatory courses. All other courses are electives. There is no equivalency permitted for CHSC Certification courses.
Course Registration Rates:
plus Ontario Tax*
- CSSE Member
plus Ontario Tax*
*Please note that Ontario taxes are applicable as the services are being provided out of Ontario.
- Payment: Payment must be received within one week of the course proceeding. Details on payment, refunds, attendance and exams can be found on the CSSE website.
- Minimums: Courses must have a minimum number of registrants to proceed. This will be determined by the CSSE National office.
- Multiple Courses & Exams: For those registering for courses that run within four weeks of each other you may wish to ensure that you are able to commit reasonable time for each exam before registering for multiple offerings. Average minimum completion time per exam is about 15 – 25 hours.
- Electronic Material: All CSSE courses use electronic material in PDF format. No hard copy Participant Guide is provided. Participants will receive an email which includes course details, receipt for the course (where applicable) as well as Zoom tips and other materials required for the particular course. Participants may either print the Guide and have it with them or use an electronic device to view the information.
- Tax Exempt Registration Qualifications: In order to be eligible for a GST/HST tax exempt course registration, your registration must be requested and paid by an entity with a CRA Tax Exempt status and number. Download Tax Exempt Registration Form
Custom training is available for organizations or groups with a minimum of 15 participants.
If you do not see a course in your area and have at least 15 individuals committed to attending a course, please use the CSSE Course Planning Form to request a course. If you are coordinating this with your Chapter, please also see the CSSE In-house Checklist.
Please contact the CSSE office by phone at 437-374-4340 or by email at [email protected].