Employer: Pacific Safety
Location: Richmond, BC
Expires: no expiry date
Pacific Safety Consulting Group is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and technically sound safety professional to join our team. This is a career position out of our Richmond office in B.C.
If you are committed to helping organizations implement and maintain safety management systems and want to challenge yourself professionally, this is your opportunity to make a career move. You must be confident, good natured, resourceful, and eager to learn, and have a plan for continued career development.
This opportunity would provide you with exposure to both federally and provincially regulated work environments. Pacific Safety has a diverse client portfolio in various industries such as construction, aviation, marine operations, motion pictures, and asbestos and lead abatement. Your work would expose you to various disciplines in our field, including safety, hygiene, environmental and management systems implementation. This position offers a great balance between fieldwork and administration in a supportive team focused work environment.
You must have the ability to work independently, prioritize your activities, meet deadlines and communicate clearly and effectively to a varied group of stakeholders from the site to the boardroom.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess client programs and evaluate compliance gaps within safety management systems
- Work with clients to produce safety and hygiene control strategies including safe work procedures and exposure control plans
- Project management and successful execution of projects, including the development and maintenance of project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Client development and management, including communication through verbal and written correspondence
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop and implement group growth strategies, including marketing and preparation of proposals
- Maintain and upgrade skills by attending seminars, training courses, further education, etc.
- Develop OHS procedures and supporting documents
- Assist clients with the implementation of safety management system components
- Lead presentations, facilitate development workshops and support client JOSH committee meetings
- Orient employees, contractors and other stakeholders to the client’s management program
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to identify and communicate associated risk and mitigation strategies
- Conduct regular monitoring/inspections and job observations to assess compliance and performance and effectively summarize findings within reports and correspondence
- Carry out field/site hands-on aspects of safety management system audits, site assessments, field work
- Write and format reports, letters, memos and correspondence
- Support the sales process by assisting with the development of formal proposals, quotes and estimates
- Travel to client sites
Mandatory Experience, Qualifications and Requirements
- Completed post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety, Occupational Hygiene or related science. Preference will be given to Master of Science in Occupational & Environmental Hygiene or Master in Occupational Health and Safety
- At least 5 years’ experience in OHS related position(s)
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Ability to travel for out of town work
- Preference will be given to individuals whom are certified as a CHSC, CRSP, ROH or CIH
- Customer-focused attitude, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge/experience with OHS Management Systems and audit tools
- Experience managing small to medium size projects
- Effective written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage time-sensitive projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to work away from the office at clients’ sites throughout the lower mainland, maintaining flexible work schedule and work infrequent night shifts
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs unassisted, climb ladders, access heights, work outdoors in all seasons and work in tight spaces (utilities corridors, mechanical rooms, etc.)
If you believe this is your next career move, please tell us why. It’s important to submit a cover letter outlining why your experience and qualifications would enable you to successfully meet the Key Responsibilities listed above. Reference this posting number in your cover letter: PSCG-Safety Specialist -2017. Include an up to date resume. Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to get back to each candidate individually about the status of their application. For more information about this posting and Pacific Safety please visit us at: http://www.pacificsafety.ca/about-pacific-safety/work-with-us/