Employer: Ontario Ministry of Labour
Location: Toronto, ON
Expires: August 18, 2017
Bring your project management and program/policy development skills to this challenging and rewarding role with the Ministry of Labour's Prevention Division!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- conduct initial reviews of training providers and training programs for a high level review of material prior to assignment to the Training Standards Assessor.
- provide recommendation for Chief Prevention Officer rejection if deficiencies are found in training programs.
- manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and issues management on behalf of the manager.
- provide project management, program and policy expertise relevant to training standards administration.
- conduct research and independent analysis in support of training standards program administration.
How do I qualify?
Project management skills:
- You have the ability to develop project plans, schedules, priorities, and monitor deliverables.
Communication and relationship management skills:
- You can provide information and explain legislation to the internal and external stakeholders.
- You can prepare hand written and electronic correspondence when responding to and liaising with internal/external contacts.
- You can use call management techniques, including active listening skills, comprehension and probing skills to ensure client is provided with timely, accurate and consistent information.
- You use tact and diplomacy to respond to difficult, irate, and/or abusive clients/calls and to react with empathy and sensitivity to client issues.
- You can gain cooperation to understand and resolve issues.
Program and policy development skills:
- You have demonstrated ability to participate in the development of program and related policies.
Consultation, collaboration and interpersonal skills:
- You can provide guidance and training to staff.
- You can manage expectations as well as balance and address competing issues of clients.
- You can advise, discuss and influence policy and procedure issues and approvals with management and staff.
- You can present options to decision-makers where multiple courses of action are possible.
- You can maintain harmonious relationships and provide assistance to management in organizing responses to program/administrative concerns.
- You can plan, manage, and develop solutions with business partners.
- You can consult and advise management, ministry staff, other government officials, stakeholders and the public.
Research, analytical and problem-solving skills:
- You can identify emerging issues with technology and develop recommendations for solutions/improvements.
- You can research and analyze issues and events to ensure timely coordinated response.
- You demonstrate judgement in identifying contentious issues and the ability to work under pressure.
- You demonstrate proficiency with personal computers to access/research information and prepare various reports.
Salary: $1,085.98 - $1,333.44 per week
- 2 Permanent, 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, August 18, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110415 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.