The CSSE currently has five Practice Groups established within the CSSE membership: CHSC, Healthcare, Public Service, Mining, and Training.
About CSSE Practice Groups
The CSSE’s sector-specific Practice Groups take into account trends in technology, incorporate facets of social networking, and allow for greater interaction between CSSE members in the same industry sector. Practice Groups open the lines of communication and networking for members in a particular sector, allowing them to engage in relevant discussions and share specialized safety-related knowledge on an ongoing basis.
Each Practice Group will have its own dedicated webpage, which will include such benefits as:
- Industry specific links
- A password-protected technical discussion thread area where members may post and answer questions in a secure environment
- A electronic industry specific newsletter – which will include a direct call for articles on the webpage
- "Practice Group News" – postings of the latest news in the sector
CSSE Practice Groups also encourage "offline" communication, networking and knowledge sharing:
- Annual Practice Group Reception at the CSSE Annual Professional Development Conference
- Practice Group Advisory Committees, which are made up of members who meet via teleconference to discuss goal setting, assign responsibilities, and approve actions for their practice groups
Joining a Practice Group
There is no fee (outside of normal membership renewal fees) to join any CSSE Practice Group but registration is required, in order to ensure access to the Practice Group webpage or any of the Practice Group specific initiatives. A CSSE Member may join one or more practice groups by sending an email.
Future Practice Groups
If you would like to see the CSSE create Practice Groups in another sector, please email us with your suggestion. The next Practice Group will be established based on member demand for the need for a specialized body of knowledge in a specific sector.