NAOSH Week - Why Get Involved
Participation and enthusiasm is critical to success! Establish partnerships through a NAOSH Week planning committee with employees, workplace Occupational Health and Safety Committees, representatives from business, suppliers, government, retailers and other safety organizations to ensure involvement.
- Plan for broad sector involvement through a variety of events - public, corporate, private industry, community events
- Seek corporate support, for example, with the sponsorship of a keynote speaker at an luncheon event or sponsorship of a public forum
Refer to the information provided in "Across Canada" for details of the NAOSH Week Committees currently established across Canada.
Why Should You Get Involved?
NAOSH Week presents an excellent opportunity to focus, reinforce and strengthen commitment to occupational safety and health. The NAOSH Week Steering Committee in British Columbia reports that those who have been involved in making NAOSH Week a success in their organization, business, community have found:
- Improvement in attitudes towards safety and the fostering of a safety-minded culture
- Better team building
- Cooperation and increased involvement between management and workers in an issue important to both
- Better networking among safety committees and safety people