Employer: Rocky View Schools
Location: Airdrie, AB
Expires: Feb 17, 2017
Rocky View Schools (RVS) serves the educational needs of over 22,000 students in 49 schools. As the fifth largest division in Alberta, RVS has become a lighthouse for 21st Century learning, balanced with an ongoing emphasis on literacy and numeracy. RVS believes every learner deserves to have his/her needs met through learning communities that value inclusion, diversity, compassion and fairness.
RVS is seeking an outstanding professional for the position of Manager of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S). The Manager of OH&S manages, coordinates, and administers the OH&S program within RVS, and ensures programs are in place to promote the safety of employees, contractors, students, volunteers, parents and other general visitors to RVS. The incumbent will lead RVS in best practices to effectively support all students and staff in RVS while ensuring compliance with OH&S legislation. This position is located at the Education Centre in Airdrie, Alberta. The successful candidate will hold a valid Alberta Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operators License, and have access to a vehicle provided by RVS, as travel to schools will be required.
- Acts as advisor for all safety matters within RVS
- Researches, benchmarks and implements leading safety practices specific to the education industry
- Identifies safety training needs and assists with the development and implementation of online education/training management systems
- Participates in Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Response Planning Team
- Reviews incident investigations
- Conducts workplace inspections, health and safety audits
- Deals with reporting for legislative authorities, data trends, and incidents
- Liaises with provincial code officers and inspectors
- Works with all departments and schools to support health and safety initiatives and collaborates with key stakeholders to complete site/job hazard assessments
- Post-secondary degree in OH&S or a related field
- Certification or designation in:
- Occupational Health and Safety Professional (CRSP);
- Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC);
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); or related
- Minimum five years experience in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience using health and safety management systems
- Current First Aid / CPR instructor certification, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) instructor certification are considered assets
- Experience in an education/school board setting is considered an asset
- A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered
- Knowledge and understanding of safety standards and legislation
- Strong planning, organization and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with all stakeholders while maintaining professionalism, integrity, and diplomacy
- Proven ability to manage highly sensitive and difficult situations with confidentiality and professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
A comprehensive salary and benefit package is provided, including support for training and opportunity for growth. The successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check. Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references, quoting Job Code #1676136 on or before February 17, 2017 by 4:30 pm. We request all applications be placed through http://rockyview.simplication.com.
Rocky View Schools Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.