Employer: Birchcliff Energy Ltd
Location: Spirit River, AB
Expires: no expiry date
Birchcliff Energy is seeking a dynamic and motivated Health and Safety Advisor to join our team. Reporting to the HSE Manager in Calgary, the primary role of this key position is to support Field operations by providing Health and Safety (H&S) support to our Production, Drilling, Completion and Facility Construction operations, as well as Corporate programs. This position is field based out of our Spirit River Field Office and includes being on call for Emergency Response and Incident Investigations. The ideal candidate is required to currently live within a maximum of a one-hour radius of our Spirit River Field Office (i.e. Dawson Creek or Grande Prairie area).
- Support and provide guidance in regards to Birchcliff’s H&S programs.
- Participate in and train required personnel on our Emergency Response Plan.
- Work with all Birchcliff Operations Teams, including Wellsite Leaders and Facilities Supervisors to ensure compliance with Birchcliff’s expectations and H&S programs.
- Participate in and support contractor safety programs/meetings.
- Support contractors conducting H&S field activities. This would include regular discussions with Birchcliff representatives as well as the contract services to review ongoing programs and provide support and direction.
- Participate in incident investigations as an initial response along with the Operations representatives. This includes ensuring all investigations are completed with root cause findings and implement effective corrective actions.
- Support and create continuous improvement of our Training and Competency program for Birchcliff Leaders and Supervisors.
- Participate in Simultaneous Operation’s projects.
- Participate in pre-job kickoff meetings as well as HSE reviews post-job.
- Participate in pre-job and facility inspections, both safety and regulatory. This would include training and support for the Operations teams in the process.
- Support and participate in Synergy Groups.
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Must have minimum 10 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry with a minimum of 7 years in H&S.
- Must have H&S experience in Drilling, Completions and/or Production Operations.
- Preference will be given to a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), with consideration for those currently holding an OH&S Certificate or University Equivalent.
- Must have a background or training in Incident Investigation.
- Motivated to support all aspects of our Operations with continual enhancement of our H&S programs.
- Must be able to manage time and priorities.
- Advanced communication skills, including written, verbal and computer.
- Demonstrate a keen interest for accuracy and have a strong attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational skills and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Possess the ability to work as a great team player, provide professional input, and effectively support and work with Birchcliff Leaders.
- Regular travel required from our Spirit River Office to all of our operational areas with some travel to Calgary.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com with the term “Field Health and Safety Advisor” in the subject line of the email.
Birchcliff Energy Ltd. (www.birchcliffenergy.com) offers competitive compensation, stock options and benefits to its employees. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and well-organized individual who enjoys being part of a fast-paced team.
We thank you in advance for your submission; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.