Employer: Fanshawe College
Location: London, ON
Expires: no expiry date
Employment Group: Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary: $33.00 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Note: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week).
Duties: As part of the team, the incumbent provides technical support for the development, implementation and maintenance of environment, health and safety management systems; conducts industrial hygiene sampling; develops and delivers training, and coordinates designated substance handling and hazardous waste management. The incumbent participates in emergency response, creates reports, and reviews personal protective equipment as required.
- Post-secondary 3 year diploma or degree in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent related discipline
- Professional certification in the Canadian Registered Safety Professional Designation (CRSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent designation
- Minimum 3 years recent and related experience
- Proven capability to provide technical advice on a wide range of safety topics such as machine guarding, electrical safety, lock out, confined space, working at heights, robotics and automotive sectors is critical
- Demonstrated experience completing risk assessments, workplace inspections, program audits and incident investigations
- Significant experience conducting reviews of new and modified equipment and construction projects
- Demonstrated capability developing and delivering training on a wide range of safety topics
- Demonstrated ability to participate in emergency response, review personal protective equipment and designated substance handling
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.