Certified Health & Safety Consultant (CHSC) Professional Code of Conduct
Members who have earned the CHSC designation of the CSSE using sound judgement and working directly with their clients to complete assignments in a professional manner shall:
- Possess and maintain the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of service.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that maintains the highest degree of integrity, honesty, fairness and quality in their businesses.
- Employ effective and efficient business practices that add to the quality of service.
- Uphold the honour and dignity of the health and safety profession.
- Practice positive inter-personal and communication skills.
- Maintain a professional and objective manner and compete fairly with other consultants.
- Have empathy for the client and the assignment.
- Deal honestly with those areas that may be deemed a conflict of interest.
- Actively promote and support the association, its members and its objectives.
- Adhere to the CSSE Code of Ethics.