Employer: 3M Canada
Location: Edmonton or Calgary, AB
Expires: no expiry date
3M Canada is seeking an Application Development Safety Professional to support the Canadian Western Region for 3M Canada’s Personal Safety Division (PSD) located in either Edmonton or Calgary.
The successful applicant will be part of a national team of Technical Safety Professionals, becoming the regional lead to support the Industrial Hygiene focused portfolio of respiratory, hearing and head, eye, face and body protection products in 3M Canada’s Personal Safety Division (PSD).
Primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop in-depth product knowledge for respiratory, hearing, head/eye/face and body protection portfolios to become the Western Canada (BC/AB/SK/MB) subject matter expert to support Sales Reps, Distributors and Customers.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of relevant Health and Safety (H&S) standards and regulations (CSA/NIOSH/OSHA) and maintain currency on the implementation/adoption status of regulations in Western Canadian markets and by provincial Ministries of Labour.
- Develop and provide education and training for distributors, customers and sales reps for prioritized product portfolios and customers.
- Assist Sales Reps with subject matter expert (SME) delivered education for priority customer opportunities.
- Cultivate knowledge of competitive products/portfolios to help develop and communicate 3M value propositions with sales/marketing for 3M customers.
- Assist with assessment, troubleshooting and technical responses for product application related quality issues expressed by customers.
- Cultivate 3M and professional reputation as an H&S expert and enhance technical competencies through education and speaking opportunities at regional conferences and trade shows.
- Establish contacts and maintain rapport with 3M contacts globally to support PSD products.
- Develop customer insights and provide product and market input to R&D for developmental and newly launched Global products.
- University Degree & Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Five years of work experience in a safety role or related field.
- Experience in industrial hygiene with focus in respiratory and/or hearing protection.
- Knowledge and understanding of personal protective equipment requirements and selection criteria for respiratory, hearing and head/eye/face protection (i.e. respirators, powered/supplied air systems, ear plugs/ear muffs, spectacles and goggles).
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency with computers & Office 365 software.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Overnight travel will be required in range of 50-75%.
- Professional credentials in occupational health and safety field (CRSP, ROH, CIH, ROH, COHN etc.).
- Experience in technical service or customer facing applications development roles.
- Experience as an Occupational Health & Safety Leader/Manager.
- Work experience in industrial/safety markets.
- Bilingualism in English/French is an asset.
Interested applications should apply directly via the following link: